Skip to main content
So that you know what to expect, we have outlined our surgical process. Below are the steps you will need to complete before your surgery. If you have any questions, please contact our administration or nursing staff.
- Call 07 3232 7316 to arrange an appointment at the Pre-Admission Clinic on Level 2 of The Wesley Hospital in the week prior to your surgery.
- Before your Pre-Admission Clinic appointment, please complete your hospital admission details online at www.bookmyadmission.com.au
1 week before
- Please have your blood test. The blood test request form is given at the time of your surgery booking – you can attend QML or S&N Pathology.
- Payment required – Payment can be made by credit card over the phone or via direct deposit – please contact the office to request account details.
- Make sure you have discussed all medication you are currently taking with Dr Martin or our Nursing staff. In particular, any blood thinning medications, eg. Warfarin, Aspirin, Clopidogrel, Zarelto, Eliquis, Pradaxa or herbal medications may need to be ceased prior to surgery.
- Smokers – You must stop smoking for at least 4 weeks before and after surgery to have bariatric surgery. Smoking increases the risk of complications such as infections or blood clots, and hinders healing of the staple lines and joins. For more information see Queensland Health’s guidelines on Smoking and Surgery
- You must start an Optifast diet two to three weeks prior to surgery. This shrinks your liver of fat and makes it much firmer to reduce bleeding during the operation. This is the best and simplest way to reduce liver size. Our dietitian will discuss this with you at your consultation.
1 day before
- The day before surgery, call rooms to confirm admission and fasting times on
07 3720 9057
Brisbane Weight Loss Surgery
Scheduling an appointment is an important first step towards sustainable weight loss and a healthier, brighter future.
Request an Appointment